DENTAL ORIENTATION PROGRAM for AUTISTIC CHILDREN
Free Program for children with ASD
Ocean Pediatric Dental Associates, LLC
Children with ASD may be more susceptible to dental decay. Children with ASD may not be willing to receive dental care. Parents of children with ASD may be fearful or nervous and not start dental care early. Our goal is to teach dental hygiene and orient children to a dental office to alleviate fears and promote dental care.
Note: clinical oral exams will NOT be performed on the children. All participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All children are welcome to become formal patients of OPDA but it is NOT REQUIRED.
THURSDAYS 5:15pm 8/11/16, 9/15/16, 10/13/16, 11/10/16, 12/15/16
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-473-1123 for questions
368 Lakehurst Road Suite 305 Toms River, NJ 08755
- FREE Tour of our OPDA Toms River office with a board certified pediatric dentist and interaction with the dental staff.
- The child can sit in the chair with normal overhead lights. The chair can be moved up & down & back for orientation. No drills will be running.
- They will see the trays and touch and feel EVERYTHING, including the X-ray machine.
- They will be taught oral hygiene instructions using mouth models. They will receive a “goodie bag” with a tooth brush, prize & parental information. We will review oral hygiene & dietary tips for parents.
- There will be time for Questions & Answers.