90 Minutes to Two Hours
This training is for early childhood educators, preschools, learning centers and daycare facilities. With autism and other developmental, behavioral, and learning disabilities on the rise, there is much that remains poorly understood, from cause to cure. However, there is one widely accepted fact: early and intensive intervention can have a profound impact on the quality of life for children at risk and their families. The key is early detection. But recognizing the early signs can be a challenge for parents and professionals alike.
Our goals are to improve screening and referral practices and to lower the age at which children are identified with developmental delays and disorders. Through the use of lecture, handouts and video examples, this 1 ½ to 2 hour training program will help ensure the best developmental outcome for every child.
This workshop will:
- Give an overview of the symptoms of autism
- Help to identify the early warning signs of autism and related disorders
- Help in sharing concerns with the parents
This workshop is appropriate for:
- Preschool administrators
- Preschool teachers, aides, and support staff
- Day care providers
- Any other service provider working with young children